Mainstream Support Ending for NAV 2017
The Fixed Lifecycle Policy applies to many commercial and some consumer products currently available through retail purchase and/or volume licensing.
- A defined support and servicing Lifecycle timeline at the time of product launch.
- A minimum of five years Mainstream Support.
- An additional period of Extended Support for some products.
For more information on the Fixed Lifecycle policy, click here
Mainstream Support is the first phase of the product lifecycle. At the supported service pack level, Mainstream Support for products and services includes *:
- Incident support (no-charge incident support, paid incident support, support charged on an hourly basis, support for warranty claims)
- Security update support
- The ability to request non-security updates
The Extended Support phase follows Mainstream Support. At the supported service pack level, Extended Support includes:
- Paid support 4
- Security updates at no additional cost
- Ability to request non-security fixes for select products, for eligible Unified Support customers. 5
The New Features of D365 Business Central and Upgrading from NAV
Below are the features we explained in this webinar:
- Microsoft Teams Integration
- Group G/L and VAT entries in posting preview
- Document attachments on mobile devices
- Better posting experience
- Excel Integration Improvements
- Item variant code on demand forecasts
If you are interested in upgrading to Business Central, please get in touch
You can also visit our web page for more information on upgrading.
What’s new for the Microsoft Power Platform?
To learn more about everything new for the Power Platform (including Power Automate, Power virtual agent, and AI builder), click here.
Power BI Embedded
- Now Power BI designers can create Power BI apps within an organization. These apps can be embedded into an organization’s websites and portals.
- Power BI embedded allows ISVs to deploy a solution to an unlimited number of tenants.
- A new simplified app Dataverse search configuration has come for admins and model-driven app makers.
- Introduce the new Unified and modern Power Apps designer.
- Microsoft Dataverse search can now search through the file data type such as text in files like Word docs and PDFs.
- Microsoft Dataverse search is now available as default for production environments.
Windows 11 is now generally available on Azure Virtual Desktop
Azure Virtual Desktop has become a popular cloud VDI platform to run desktops and apps in the cloud and deliver a full Windows experience to users virtually anywhere, and now Microsoft are announcing Windows 11.
Azure Virtual Desktop still provides exclusive support for multi-session, an important option that helps you optimize costs by running multiple users on a single Azure virtual machine.
For more information on this, click here
What’s new for Business Central?
For 2021 release wave 2, Business Central investments focus on helping users get to productive usage faster, whether they are new or existing customers.
Click here to read about all the new features. We’ve also listed a few specific features below.
- Use new templates with same flexibility as configuration templates
- Add additional columns through personalization in various pages to gain more insight
Better with Microsoft 365